AGVISE Soil Fertility Seminars
Each year, the AGVISE Soil Fertility Seminars bring together farmers, crop consultants, agribusiness retailers, and researchers to share the latest in soil fertility, plant nutrition, and other agronomic issues that challenge our region. The seminars include a full day of invited speakers, lunch, and printed presentation guide. The United States and Canada seminars are held each January and March, respectively. This is not an event you will want to miss!
Upcoming Seminar Information
USA Seminars Register here
- January 4, 2022: Willmar Conference Center, Willmar, MN
- January 5, 2022: Watertown Events Center, Watertown, SD
- January 6, 2022: Alerus Center, Grand Forks, ND
- CEUs applied for in each state: 2.0 SW, 3.5 NM, 0.5 PM
The seminar registration cost is $155.00. The registration deadline is Friday, December 17. Registration after December 17 is considered late registration. The late registration fee is $175.00. A 10% discount is applied if more than one person from the same business registers at the same time.
Seminar registration and payment are required in advance. Registration fee includes all instructional materials, workbook, and noon lunch. Please call (701) 587-6010 with questions.
South Dakota registration: $165.08; includes 6.5% sales and use tax.
Seminars will run from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm with noon lunch provided.
Topics and Speakers:
- Jodi Boe, AGVISE Laboratories: Project Update – Soil Amendments, Soil pH, and %K Saturation
- R. Jay Goos, NDSU (retired): Soybean Iron Deficiency Chlorosis – Symptoms, Causes and Control AND Nitrogen Fertilizer Additives: The Domino Theory
- Josh McGrath, Univ. Kentucky: How to Decide a Nitrogen Rate: Empirical, Mechanistic, or Faith-based?
- Brent Jaenisch, AGVISE Laboratories: Project Update: Soybean Cyst Nematode (SCN) Resistance
- John Lee, AGVISE Laboratories: AGVISE Charging into the Future – 40 Years of Innovation and Change
- John Heard, Manitoba Agriculture: Crop Nutrient Uptake and Removal – Are all regions the same?
- John Breker, AGVISE Laboratories: Managing Nitrogen after Drought and Quantifying Soil Carbon – A Field and Laboratory Perspective
Canada Seminars – Dates TBD
- Portage la Prairie, MB
- Regina, SK